All payments made using the card are processed through the electronic payment platform of “Alpha e-Commerce” of Alpha Bank and uses TLS 1.2 encryption protocol with 128-bit (Secure Sockets Layer – SSL). Encryption is a way of coding the information until it reaches its recipient, who will be able to decode it using the appropriate key.
The high level of security that Alpha e-pay provides, is secured from the below:
- Card information (card number, CVV2, expiry date) is transmitted over the internet in encrypted form (SSL 128-bit encryption) and it is not accessible from your online store.
- The systems and procedures used by Alpha Bank prevent third parties from accessing its data and information systems.
- The Bank’s website, where your customer’s card details are inserted, has a digital certificate so that everyone can verify its authenticity, that it is to say that it really belongs to Alpha Bank’s (ex delta pay) Alpha Bank.
- Alpha E-pay E-commerce is managed by authorized business members, who are provided with individual passwords (username, password).
- In case that the issuing Bank supports the use of a secret code for making online card payments and the cardholder has received such a code, the Alpha E-pay E-commerce Service automatically asks your customer to enter his/her secret code.
- Alpha E-pay E- commerce follows the best international practices in the field of e-commerce payments and is also fully compliant with the international card organizations’ verified by Visa, Mastercard and SecureCode security protocols for secure online card payments.